Resistance News - Voting And Civl Rights
- As the General Assembly special session begins, some North Carolinians are trying to get the attention of lawmakers when it comes to voting. About 100 people […]
- Demonstrators who have staged protests almost every month outside the Tillis’ office were back Tuesday, but even organizer Scott Hoffman said Tillis appears to be doing […]
- Young immigrants without documentation authorizing them to live in the United States rallied with others in the North Carolina capital on Tuesday, vowing to fight back […]
- Calling proposed legislative district maps and the process used to draw them a sham, hundreds of North Carolina residents slammed state lawmakers Tuesday, saying they need […]
- Dozens rallied Sunday at a protest called “Defend Our Democracy” in Marshall Park in Charlotte. “You feel like you’re part of it. You feel like you can […]
Gerrymandering is addressed by crowd on Bicentennial Mall in Raleigh as Legislature meets across the street.Ruthy Jones, of Durham, is one of several speakers to crowd of over 200 supporters in rally sponsored by Common Cause.
- RALEIGH — Hundreds of people backing a new way to draw North Carolina’s congressional and General Assembly districts every 10 years are coming to Raleigh to […]
- GREENSBORO, N.C. — Dozens of protesters took to Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro Monday to speak out against President Donald Trump’s executive orders limiting immigration […]
- Six people were arrested Saturday night during protests at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, as protests flared at airports around the country over President Donald Trump’s executive […]
- Protesters at Raleigh-Durham International Airport on Sunday joined other demonstrators across the nation expressing opposition to President Donald Trump’s executive order temporarily banning many Muslims from […]
- Hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets all over the world to protest the new administration.
- Marches and rallies organized by women against President Donald Trump and attacks on women’s rights brought bigger crowds than expected across North Carolina as tens of […]
- Inside the House chambers, protesters didn’t hold back from the gallery — shouting their frustration. But as the day wore on, Republican House Speaker Tim Moore […]
- Protesters from Progress NC Action, EqualityNC and the Human Rights Campaign greet attendees of a special meeting of the NC State Board of Elections concerning challenges […]
- That’s why tens of thousands marched in Raleigh today to fight for voting rights, racial justice, and equality. They carried signs that read, “It’s Our Time, […]
Did we miss something?
Send us the link to your news article and we will get it posted as soon as we can