Resistance News - Voting And Civl Rights
- A plan to bring a voter photo identification requirement back to North Carolina is part of a bigger effort by state lawmakers to expand and lock […]
- MORGANTON, NC (WBTV) – The North Carolina Supreme Court held a rare session outside of Raleigh on Monday, but there could be many more like it […]
- When the North Carolina Supreme Court showed up in Morganton on Monday so did a group that it says is fighting for fair and impartial courts […]
- NASHVILLE — State lawmakers won’t return to Raleigh until May, but some Twin Counties voters are already planning how to fight perceived threats to democracy including […]
- ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Legal experts met with voters Tuesday night, concerned state lawmakers may illegally gerrymander state courts, taking control of the N.C. Supreme Court and […]
- After leaving her job as a lawyer, Leigh Altman planned to slow down and stay home with her three kids. Then Donald Trump was elected.
- In the ongoing saga of North Carolina’s capital punishment system, the state Supreme Court will hear a case that will decide whether three defendants of color […]
- There is a simple, demographic fact in North Carolina politics: women are underrepresented in the General Assembly.
- A little rain didn’t stop thousands from gathering in downtown Raleigh on Saturday morning for the state NAACP’s annual march and rallying cry for the year […]
- The day after President Donald Trump’s inauguration last January, a crowd of roughly 20,000 people gathered Uptown for the Charlotte Women’s March to raise awareness of women’s rights issues.
- North Carolina lawmakers are considering major changes to how the state picks its judges. Critics suspect partisan political shenanigans.
- On Thursday, about three dozen people marched silently through uptown Charlotte. Their mission was to protest a controversial judicial redistricting plan proposed by Republican lawmakers.
- The Alamance NAACP is calling changes to the way judges are elected in North Carolina a racist gerrymander to keep courts from finding Republican moves, such […]
- About 60 people gathered Monday night to rally against what they perceived as partisan attacks against the North Carolina court system by state Republicans.
- Several advocacy groups have scheduled an “empty chair town hall” meeting Thursday in Greensboro to criticize efforts now under way to change the way that judges […]
- ASHEVILLE, N.C.—The Gerrymander 5K wasn’t even a 5K. It was a quarter mile too long. It wasn’t timed. There was no exact finish line. The beginning […]
- Progressive activist groups are holding what they describe as an “empty chair town hall” meeting in Fayetteville on Saturday to protest efforts by the North Carolina […]
- As the General Assembly special session begins, some North Carolinians are trying to get the attention of lawmakers when it comes to voting. About 100 people […]
- Demonstrators who have staged protests almost every month outside the Tillis’ office were back Tuesday, but even organizer Scott Hoffman said Tillis appears to be doing […]
- Young immigrants without documentation authorizing them to live in the United States rallied with others in the North Carolina capital on Tuesday, vowing to fight back […]
- Calling proposed legislative district maps and the process used to draw them a sham, hundreds of North Carolina residents slammed state lawmakers Tuesday, saying they need […]
- Dozens rallied Sunday at a protest called “Defend Our Democracy” in Marshall Park in Charlotte. “You feel like you’re part of it. You feel like you can […]
Gerrymandering is addressed by crowd on Bicentennial Mall in Raleigh as Legislature meets across the street.Ruthy Jones, of Durham, is one of several speakers to crowd of over 200 supporters in rally sponsored by Common Cause.
- RALEIGH — Hundreds of people backing a new way to draw North Carolina’s congressional and General Assembly districts every 10 years are coming to Raleigh to […]
- GREENSBORO, N.C. — Dozens of protesters took to Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro Monday to speak out against President Donald Trump’s executive orders limiting immigration […]
- Six people were arrested Saturday night during protests at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, as protests flared at airports around the country over President Donald Trump’s executive […]
- Protesters at Raleigh-Durham International Airport on Sunday joined other demonstrators across the nation expressing opposition to President Donald Trump’s executive order temporarily banning many Muslims from […]
- Hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets all over the world to protest the new administration.
- Marches and rallies organized by women against President Donald Trump and attacks on women’s rights brought bigger crowds than expected across North Carolina as tens of […]
- Inside the House chambers, protesters didn’t hold back from the gallery — shouting their frustration. But as the day wore on, Republican House Speaker Tim Moore […]
- Protesters from Progress NC Action, EqualityNC and the Human Rights Campaign greet attendees of a special meeting of the NC State Board of Elections concerning challenges […]
- That’s why tens of thousands marched in Raleigh today to fight for voting rights, racial justice, and equality. They carried signs that read, “It’s Our Time, […]
Did we miss something?
Send us the link to your news article and we will get it posted as soon as we can