Resistance News - Public Education
- GREENSBORO, N.C. — Just two weeks after the March for Our Lives rally in Greensboro, organizers hosted a town hall putting the spotlight on politicians running […]
- As educators in red states across the country go on strike, North Carolina’s teachers are planning to take action of their own. The state’s teachers’ union […]
- Youths and adults packed Charlotte’s First Ward Park Saturday morning demanding that politicians protect the innocence and safety of children from gun violence. Charlotte’s March For […]
- RALEIGH As supporters of stricter gun control laws descended on Washington, D.C., for the national March For Our Lives rally, thousands of local activists also took […]
- RALEIGH, N.C. — On Saturday, thousands are expected to take over the streets of Washington, D.C, demanding an end to gun violence and mass school shootings.
- Public school teachers in North Carolina have long been undervalued, which has led in recent years to the departure of some to other, more financially rewarding […]
- Their families want answers. It’s been almost a year and a half since Alisia Dieudonne and Ahmad Campbell were gunned down at a college party on […]
- A teacher accidentally discharged a firearm while teaching a public safety class, injuring one student at a Northern California school on Tuesday, police said.
- Columbine, Sandy Hook, Stoneman Douglas — those names ring out like the bullets that once flew through their hallways, stark reminders of a perplexing and tragic […]
- Students are walking out of their schools all across America today in an effort to promote stronger and saner gun laws. From the look and sound […]
- Thousands of Triangle students walked out of their classrooms Wednesday morning as part of a national movement to honor the victims of the Parkland. Fla., high […]
- Students at schools across the Triangle are planning to take part in a National School Walkout on Wednesday morning to call for an end to school […]
- In the cradle of the sit-in movement, where four college freshmen made history by sitting down, hundreds of high school students in Greensboro on Feb. 23 […]
- On the first two days since the release of a survey about guns in schools, around 67 percent of the more than 19,300 North Carolina educators […]
- Matthew was struggling to keep up with his second-grade classmates in reading, was sleeping in class, missing school, and getting into conflicts with peers.
- Lindsey Holmes found out about the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School the same way most Americans did: by watching the news. The name Parkland […]
- President Trump on Thursday repeated his call for “highly trained” schoolteachers to pack heat in their classrooms.
- Is a $35,000 annual salary “good money?”
- If you were to think of North Carolina’s public schools as a person, you would do well to think of Tom Benton.
- RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Freezing temperatures did not stop hundreds of parents and educators from protesting outside the North Carolina legislature Saturday.
- More than 100 Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools teachers registered for a school supply giveaway at Bolton Park from the Forsyth County Democratic Women’s Auxiliary.
- Holding signs, about a dozen people gathered in the heart of downtown Thursday evening to protest policies of the Trump administration, including policies on education, the […]
- Durham elementary school students took over Sen. Chad Barefoot’s office on Wednesday for an art lesson and protest designed to urge state lawmakers to increase education […]
- RALEIGH Parents, teachers and students demanded Wednesday that state lawmakers pass legislation that they say would prevent thousands of potential teacher layoffs and cuts in art, […]
- Hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets all over the world to protest the new administration.
- Marches and rallies organized by women against President Donald Trump and attacks on women’s rights brought bigger crowds than expected across North Carolina as tens of […]
Did we miss something?
Send us the link to your news article and we will get it posted as soon as we can