Resistance News - Clean Air And Water
- Date by which U.S. coal-fired power plants were required for the first time to release groundwater monitoring results under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 2015 coal ash rule […]
- New data from federally mandated testing has found elevated levels of radiation in groundwater at 11 of 18 Duke Energy coal plants. Environmentalists and Duke disagree […]
- While a good bit of the rest of the country seemed preoccupied Wednesday with the story of a president and a porn star, I spent the […]
- The Environmental Protection Agency announced on Thursday it will scrap Obama-era rules governing coal ash disposal.
- There are a lot of ways to say “no,” and the N.C. Utilities Commission heard just about every one of them Wednesday evening from Duke Energy […]
- Citizen advocates joined Democratic lawmakers Thursday to call on legislative leaders to supply more funding for state environmental and health regulators and to more strictly police […]
- Dozens of Duke Energy customers told the North Carolina Utilities Commission Monday to reject a proposed rate increase, citing the impact on low-income families and the […]
- WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) – Activist groups are concerned that removing gen-x from our drinking water has become a political issue.
- WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) –Women Organizing for Wilmington, or WOW, protested Senator Mike Lee’s handling of the GenX water crisis for the second week in a row […]
- Women Organizing for Wilmington(WoW!) have been protesting elected officials who they say don’t represent women and families every Monday in downtown Wilmington for almost sixth months.
- Holding signs, about a dozen people gathered in the heart of downtown Thursday evening to protest policies of the Trump administration, including policies on education, the […]
- Over 100 people came out to the rally in response to media attention of GenX in the water supply.
- Duke Energy heard from shareholders concerned about the Charlotte-based company’s plans to respond to climate change and to clean up its coal ash ponds, during the […]
- Hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets all over the world to protest the new administration.
- Marches and rallies organized by women against President Donald Trump and attacks on women’s rights brought bigger crowds than expected across North Carolina as tens of […]
Did we miss something?
Send us the link to your news article and we will get it posted as soon as we can